Tuesday, October 21, 2008

telus je

During high school, we didnt insult teachers, not even critique them because we respect them and we always be informed their blessing is everything.My school is one of the excellent and top school in Terengganu but every year, those who were expected to be state's best student or get all A1s in SPM always a dream until 2004 (my batch hehe).During my time (2000-2004), the most killing paper was Syariah Islamiyah and mostly top-ranked students got A2 instead of A1 in this paper( they used to get 90+ in tests ). I still remember, when I was form 5, we tried our best to behave during Syariah's class.No eating, no sleeping, no talking and not reading books other than Syariah.In short, we were hypocrites or pretender(not all of us I repeat not all of us).

(well, I got A2 in Syariah)

Now as a uni's student, I do critique my lecturers and tutors ( not insulting).Today, we need to fill up the evaluation form regarding our subject, lecturer and tutor. Frankly speaking, my arabic tutor is not really up to my expectation but most of the time I just keep it to myself.I didnt write any comments about him in the evaluation form (I knew I need to write for the sake of improvement).I saw my tutemates wrote a long paragraph commenting on him and they went "Mira (my lecturer) is awesome but R***(tutor) is bad".

I have no idea about locals in other countries(except malaysia) but in Australia, they themselves admit they are straightforward and practical people.And they said this is one of the positive factor leads to their success.

Back to the topic,if I were a teacher, I want my students to critique my progress.

No comments: