Saturday, March 28, 2009

kecik je

I went to Dandenong today to visit my aunt, she is doing one year fellowship at Monash Uni. The bus service is very poor there, one bus for every hour. So, I looked for a cab.

"I wanna go to Ann street, could you take me there?"

"get in. Assalamualaikum sister"

(oh muslim rupanya) "waalaikumussalam"

"how are you doing?"

"good, thank you"

"where are you from?indonesia?I am turkish anyway"

"No,I am not, I am from malaysia"

"oh,are you malay?I have been to malaysia seven ( ke several?) times"

"oh really?which part of malaysia then?yes, i am malay"

(tak clear which part pak cik ni pergi kat malaysia)"so what are you doing in australia?"

"I am from city and wanna go to my aunt's house. Anyway, I am studying at melbourne"

"which uni?"

"melbourne"

"good girl..good..so what's the number of the house?"

"just drop me at the corner there"

"okay, here we are"

"how much then?"(tgk kat meter taxi tapi dia tak on pulak)

"no worries, i give you free"

(terkejut)"oh,that's very nice of you, thank you so much, thank you"

"you are welcome,have a nice day"

"have a nice day too,assalamualaikum"

"waalaikumussalam"


*****

It was very hot at Dandenong and I didnt want to wait any longer for a bus and thank you Allah for giving me a ride through this gentleman driver.

I was so touched with his free service, I dont know why. Nothing I could do except to ask Allah to pay back his kindness and I pray to Allah to bless his life and his family.

Sometimes, we just need a small little thing to soften our heart. This small little thing could be a turning point in our life.

Kadang kadang ( ataupun selalu) kita lupa perkara kecil begini yang akan membantu kita di akhirat kelak.Kita pun tak sangka dan orang yang membantu pun tak sedar.Nanti kat akhirat baru tahu amalan masing masing, yang kecil,yang besar,yang significant,yang tak significant.

:-)

3 comments:

Hilmi said...

mane aci dapat naik taxi free..kat malaysia ni mujur ar..lagi tmbh singgit dua ade ar..ke ade makne driver tu??hehe

victoire said...

Baik pakcik nih.
kalu gi turkey, 90% sure kena cekik.
tapi biasenye diorang baik kat negara orang.
sbab kat negara maju

About Me said...

ibnu zaid: same je kot..ade driver hk baik,ade hok x.tapi ni first time la dpt free naik taxi..biase paling baik pun bagi kurang la 50 sen..hehe..ade makne?haha..

kriey:bestnye g turkey..rasenye die bagi free tu sebab kite muslim kot or die admire malaysian (hoho)..ntahlah..tapi x semua gitu kan..sorang dlm seratus..hehe