Thursday, November 6, 2008

mek yang (ganu accent)

"(remember) When the wife of 'Imran said :" O my Lord!I have vowed to You what(the child that) is in my womb to be dedicated for Your services (free from all worldly work to serve Your place of worship), so accept this from me.Verily, You are the All-Hearer, the All Knowing"

"Then when she gave birth to her (child Maryam), she said :"O my Lord, I have given birth to a female child"-and Allah knew better what she brought forth-"And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Maryam, and I seek refuge with You (Allah) for her and for her offspring from syaitan, the outcast"

(ali imran:35-36)

I came across with these beautiful ayaah and pondering how beautiful Allah's plan is.He knows what is the best for us.Subhanallah.

***

Everytime reciting surah Ali Imran or Maryam or whenever I come across with the name of Maryam, I always remember my second younger sister back at home.She is special in every ways.She was named Maryam because during 9 months of mother's pregnancy, everyone kept telling my mother that the baby was a boy (this include mak bidan hehe).At that moment, we only have one and only hero in the house so mother was looking forward to have another son this time.As a preparation, mom had a few names for the baby and all were boy's names( my mother never waste her money to do ultra sound to know baby's gender anyway) .

Well,everyone was wrong.On 8th of March 2000, we got a baby girl.And a problem arised when we were not prepare any names for girl.She was two weeks old when my mother finally told us her name is Maryam( sebab teringat sejarah mak Maryam yang nak sangat anak lelaki tapi Allah bagi anak perempuan, refer to the ayaah).Anyway, her full name is Maryam Nadhirah (Nadhirah was my idea because at that moment I thought Maryam aje sounded like an old fashion name hehe).

Maryam is 8 years old now (we call her nana) and she is so different from her two other sisters (me and syafiyyah f5).She is "tomboy",doesnt like wearing baju kurung, tak mainla masak masak ni and a bit degil(ke banyak?).She doesnt like doing her school homework but she is a fast learner one.She memorises things very fast especially phone numbers.Oh, I miss home.


Maryam and I at secret recipe in July last year.

No comments: